Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Good deed.

So lately I've read a lot of "good deed" or pay it forward kind of stories.( Mainly on fb.) And every time I read them, I get super emotional and think to myself how awesome I'd be if I could do that and help someone a little less fortunate than I.

Well the other night at Wal Mart I had my chance. And sure enough I took it.

The lady in front of me who was checking out did not have enough money to pay all of her items. She was telling the cashier about her life problems...she just had run out of gas, her husband lost his job and something else... I can't really remember.

I could see embarrassment written all over her face when she asked the cashier to put a few things back. All I could think of was wanting to help her.

After getting her total under $30 she said it was okay to try and run her debit card. After it processed, she was relieved. And hurried out of the store.

Without hesitation, I asked the cashier to please ring up the items she put back. She gave me a huge smile and said, "yes dear, of course!."

After I paid, the cashier told me I was an exceptional person and it was her pleasure to wait on me.

After that, I pretty much ran out of the store trying to find the lady. She was just about done unloading her stuff when I met up with her again. She looked puzzled. I didn't really know what to do or say, so all that came out is my mouth was, "here you go." As I handed her her bags she was speechless. Her eyes were filling with tears as were mine. So I fled to my car saying, "have a good night."

As soon as I got in my car, tears rolled down my face and my heart felt like it was going 100 mph. So much emotion hit me all at once that I could hardly breathe.

I wasn't going out of my way or even looking to do something like this but it just happened. It felt so right too. Helping others really does make you feel like a better person and makes you feel blessed for what you have.

1 comment:

  1. Your are such a good person! I just cried reading this. Love you.

    ReplyDelete