Monday, July 30, 2012

Watermelon festival.

On Saturday, it was Irrigon's famous "watermelon festival." Not sure why I agreed to play in it but I did. Our slow pitch team was short a girl so I asked Ashley if she'd play and I was surprised she said YES! :) This was the first time we'd played together in years! I was super excited about it I even got us matching headbands and ribbon!

For an out-of-shape lady six games in one day was A LOT! Our first game starting at 7am and our last at 10pm. Good thing Ash stayed over the night before. Too bad we didn't get much sleep though due to kitana wanting to play! :) Its a good thing I love her so much or else I might have gone mad. Or maybe it was that she farted in Auntie Ash's face? Ha!

My parents went out there for our 5:30 game and stayed for our 7:00 one also. It was nice having some fans! But really I was more excited to see and hold my baby girl! I almost cried when I seen her thru the fence.

As the day drug on, the heat really took a toll on me. By the time our ten o clock game came I was more than happy to DH.

Overall the day was pretty good. Our team was so much fun. I was really surprised actually, especially since we pretty much just threw it together and never played with each other before. Too bad we couldn't win more. Ha ha..we ended the day 2-4. But we beat one of the best teams there! (P-town) A lot of trash talking was going on between our fans and their team and a fight almost broke out. Crazy damn people. I guess that's what happen when certain people drink though. Good thing I drank only a few beers early on in the day and sweated it out! Ha...

For my first ever watermelon festival, it was a pretty good experience softball wise but I totally forgot to walk down thru the park area where all the vendors and what not were at.

PS I still got it! ;) Not to toot my own horn but...TOOT TOOT! I made an ESPN dive in the outfield. It was legit!



1 comment: