Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sad is an understatement.

I've been eating terrible, not working out, and really not in the mood for anything lately. I've just been so sad lately.

My baby cousin Jordan, (who I babysit) hadn't been himself. He had gotten a really bad cough, not breathing well and was super tired and clingy. I knew something wasn't right.

The first thing diagnosed was RSV, then he went back the next day and after doing an x-ray, they found pneumonia in both lungs. And he was super dehydrated and was running a fever of 103+, so they decided he  would stay the night at Good Shepard hooked up on IV fluids...until he took a turn for the worst. That same night he was life flighted to OHSU (Dorenbecher Children's Hospital) because the amount of oxygen that they were giving him here wasn't enough for his poor little body.

He's been there for a few days now and not much progress has been made. He's still sedated..pretty much in a coma, hooked up on breathing tubes and feeding tubes, and has a pic line running through his arm.

All of this saddens me so much! I can't imagine in my worst nightmares how it'd feel to sit and watch my poor child lay there helpless. :(

***Kitana is also getting sick. :( fever the last two days, not wanting to eat, and getting a nasty cough. Please pray for these two babies, especially Jordan to get through this! I can't wait to see that cheeky smile I love so much and for my little princess to be back to the little diva girl that she is.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this is so sad. We will keep your family in our hearts during this hard time.

    ReplyDelete